Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Are New Wellington Bus Fares Fair - or Sensible?

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the Wellington Regional Council transport policy and the needs of Wellington City. I suppose they think they are being down to earth and making good economic sense but in the meantime the Mayor is dreaming of a car free CBD, the Victoria tunnel must close in October, cars crawl into the city at peck hours wasting time and gas and finding a car park is a nightmare if you are in a hurry. As you can see I am addicted to my car but I am extremely grateful to people who take buses. Some need to for economic reasons, others because they are civic minded. For whichever reason it makes sense to get behind them, not provide them with disincentives for using a service when it benefits us all.

1 comment:

  1. I catch buses & trains for both of the reasons you said, but also because public transport is better for the environment than private transport is.

    ReplyDelete